Tuesday, June 9, 2009

don't blink

this is something i made a while back. polaroids, which i got into a couple summers back, were really my entry point into trick/ toy/ amateur photography. i ended up with so many (and my collection is still growing) that i decided this would be the best way to present them. watch closely:

if i had it to do over again, i'd adjust the timing a bit. but it was a first go at this sort of thing. i should have another stop-motion video for you all before too long.

also -- and this is important, people -- you can now leave comments. which i love -- no -- need.

2 comments:

Maggie Cassidy June 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

you get me every time. seriously.

on another note, my grandmother recently passed away very peacefully in her home, and we're going through the long sad process of cleaning out the house and selling it. my grandparents saved everything -- if my grandfather got a christmas present, he gently peeled away the wrapping paper and saved it to rewrap another gift. so we are having a yard sale sometime soon, but first we are taking items of meaning or interest to us. so far, for me, that includes a (somewhat) functioning old polaroid 600 and a really old school film camera that probably doesn't work. i will have to post pictures of them sometime soon so you can show me how to salvage them, especially the polaroid. it seems temperamental.

Unknown June 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Really cool collage! I enjoy your Holga work, I think they are exquisite