Wednesday, April 7, 2010

show and tell and eat

show and tell is sort of hit or miss these days. some of the students go all out, get really creative. others try to show and tell their wrist watch.

a couple weeks back, one enterprising student made me lunch:

Photobucket

it probably doesn't look so appetizing. but, i swear, this is good stuff. it's called gorasa. or at the pancake-y bread soaked in the meat and tomato sauce is called gorasa.

apparently, this isn't a one-time deal, either. last week the same student brought me fish and promised there would be more to come this thursday. she feels bad, she said, that i'm all alone in sudan with no mother to cook for me.

i didn't argue.

3 comments:

Unknown April 7, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I miss cooking for you! Glad you are having a good time there, the pictures are great.

cameratakesphotos April 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

it was the same thing in west africa - the food looked terrible - but was some of the best food i've had in my life!!

Kristen* April 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

Lol. Poor mama-less Ryan. I'd milk that for all it's worth! Not in Mongolia...but there where the food is decent I would!